Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-16-2024, 09:24 PM   #91  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone

Total Approx 1770 calories + coffee

Breakfast 480 calories + coffee
coffee w/cream & sugar
yogurt, protein granola bar, prunes 480 calories

Lunch 500 calories
protein bar 250 calories
single serve bag of chips 250 calories

Dinner 790 calories
3 chicken drumsticks 300 calories
green beans 75 calories
spaghetti squash w/peas & carrots 75 calories
yasso fro yo 100 calories
dark chocolate 240 calories

Exercise
Outdoor walk & JS Full Body Strength Circuit

Have a Blessed evening!
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2024, 09:50 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 170/170/159

Hi Everyone

I’ve been eating too much sweets these days.

I went on a scenic bike ride around the lake with a friend.

Dianna.. do you wear the splint while exercising?

Nettnett.. glad your lab work came back good. What’s your cat’s name btw?

Ciecie..do you take medicine for your arthritis?
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 12:58 AM   #93  

Good morning! Yangtzer, yes I do take medicine for my arthritis. Walked to and home from supper. Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. 😁🚸😷🏫
ciecie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 10:11 AM   #94  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Yangtzer The bike ride sounds nice. I have been doing early morning walks alone and it has felt very therapeutic. In the evening I will walk with a group of ladies, which is nice, but I feel more peaceful alone. Yes I wear the splint during most activities. I have not been good with wearing it while cooking, doing dishes, shower, getting dressed. I could put a glove over it when I do dishes, etc, but I have not. That's bad on me and probably hindering the healing.

Steps from yesterday: 10,469

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

August 17

Psalm 121:4-5
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.

The Hebrew people had great confidence in God. They believed His promises to them, and they lived their lives accordingly. No matter how difficult their situation got, the children of Israel held onto their faith. Through that faith, they were able to do amazing things. The God of Abraham and Isaac is also the God of Jesus Christ. If we will put our faith in Him, He will enable us to do amazing things. He will allow us to lose the weight we need to lose, and He will comfort us when our diets get particularly tough. Trust in the Lord. He is watching over you.

Today's thought: I'd better watch what I eat as closely as God watches me!
Old 08-17-2024, 12:33 PM   #95  

Good afternoon! Walked to and home from my meeting this morning. Ran errands on the way home. 😁🚸😷🏫
Old 08-17-2024, 01:14 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 378/317/116

Height: 5'4"

Hello friends,

I don't even know if I checked in for August, but hello. I am still not on track and still on those meds that made me gain 130 lbs and also on the Ozempic so I have not been losing weight and am sad about it. It took me forever to do the paperwork for the doctor to change that medicine that causes weight gain so hopefully I will see the doctor next week and start losing weight again. I am still at 317 and feeling sad because my appointment with the primary care doctor is next week. Well now that I remember the last time i weighed there i was 320, so maybe they will be ok with this small weight loss, but i just feel they will be disappointed. Hopefully I will get back on track soon.
Xerai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 03:58 PM   #97  

The story of my life right now is being back in the hospital.
my youngest sister called me today and was talking assisted living. And its been something ive been thinking about but didnt want to bring it up. My sis, who is a nurse practitioner. mentioned it this morning so I talked to my other sis who also agreed. So after I've recovered from this surgery, I will more than likely be moving into an assisted living apartment.. she said I could move to Texas or stay in my area. I want to stay in my area. I don't think I would be happy in Texas,.but who knows what will happen.
nettnett73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 06:12 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 170/170/159

It's shocking I gained another 5 lbs in 10 days. I've been exercising regularly.
Should I take Ozempic? I'm tired of mindful eating. I want to lose weight on autopilot( without counting calories)

Last edited by yangtzer; 08-17-2024 at 06:18 PM.
yangtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2024, 08:47 PM   #99  

Good evening! Walked to and home from church tonight. Ran errands on the way home. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 😁🚸😷🏫
Old 08-17-2024, 09:22 PM   #100  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone

NettNett Wishing you the best with your surgery.

Xerai Everything will improve once you have your next doctor's appointment. Hang in there.

Ciecie Great job getting getting it all done.

Total Approx 1500 calories + coffee

Breakfast 480 calories + coffee
coffee w/cream & sugar
yogurt, protein granola bar, prunes 480 calories

Lunch 500 calories
salad w/grilled chicken 500 calories

Dinner 520 calories
Deep Indian Curry chicken 320 calories
spaghetti squash 50 calories
green beans 50 calsories
yasso fro yo 100 calories

Exercise
mall walk

Have a Blessed evening!

Last edited by Diana3271; 08-17-2024 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-18-2024, 07:40 AM   #101  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Today I am committed to eating within my food plan, no binging, and hopefully get some sort of workout in.

Steps from yesterday: 9,232

August 18

Matthew 10:29-31
'Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.'

Jeff was suspicious. He couldn't figure out why his friends were trying to be so helpful with his diet. What could they possibly get out of it? Whenever he was with them, they avoided talking about food, and they ate salads and cottage cheese instead of normal food. They wouldn't even have dessert. It made Jeff feel a little awkward and guilty. He couldn't believe his friends would go to so much trouble to help him out. Some people wonder whether or not God really cares about their diet problems. The fact is, He cares about everything that is important to us. Take comfort in the fact that God cares deeply, and He will do everything He can to help you.

Today's thought: God thinks I'm great, with or without weight!
Old 08-18-2024, 07:56 AM   #102  

Good morning! Nettnett, hope your surgery goes well. Will have breakfast and do my home exercises in a few minutes. 😁🚸😷🏫
Old 08-19-2024, 02:19 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 216/205/120

Height: 5' 2"

It's been a while since I checked in here. But in the meantime my doctor says my weight is plateauing so it generally doesn't get above 211 no matter how much I eat. I was diagnosed with diabetes last week. I saw this coming but did nothing to stop it. Then I had a good couple days and got down from 211 to 207. However after one not so good day yesterday I am back to 209. I thought the diabetes diagnosis would really kick me into gear but the kick only lasted a couple days. This morning I went on the treadmill. I wanted to do 2 miles but I only walked 20 minutes at 2.1 mph because my left thigh started to go numb. It's always the left thigh that goes numb when I try to walk too much. I haven't brought this up with my doctor because I've complained of numbness in other areas before and they never find any cause so I just gave up. I had an appointment with a weight loss clinic and they want to put me on Wegovy or Ozempic or something similar but they actually told ME to call my insurance company to see if they would cover it. I thought that was THEIR job what am I paying 50 bucks an appointment for if they aren't even going to talk to insurance for me? By the way I was already on Metformin and have been for about two years since I already had "hyperglycemia" which is basically baby diabetes anyway, so when I officially crossed into diabetes territory it wasn't a big shock to me and they didn't even change my medication.
LadyBinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2024, 08:31 AM   #104  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

LadyBinger I know quite a few people on those meds, so just a few thoughts. I am not familiar with the weight loss clinics. Insurance doesn't pay for some of those meds for weight loss, they do for diabetes. I think one brand is marketed for weight loss. If it's coming from a weight loss clinic will the insurance pay? If you have diabetes try going to your GP or an endocrinologist. They can do a prior-authorization and prescribe for you. This is what I have heard and seen with other people. Again, I am not familiar with the weight loss clinics.

Steps from yesterday: 10,705

August 18

Matthew 10:29-31
'Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.'

Jeff was suspicious. He couldn't figure out why his friends were trying to be so helpful with his diet. What could they possibly get out of it? Whenever he was with them, they avoided talking about food, and they ate salads and cottage cheese instead of normal food. They wouldn't even have dessert. It made Jeff feel a little awkward and guilty. He couldn't believe his friends would go to so much trouble to help him out. Some people wonder whether or not God really cares about their diet problems. The fact is, He cares about everything that is important to us. Take comfort in the fact that God cares deeply, and He will do everything He can to help you.

Today's thought: God thinks I'm great, with or without weight!
Old 08-19-2024, 09:53 AM   #105  

Good morning! Welcome back LadyBinger! Had breakfast and did my home exercises. Will finish getting ready to go to the thrift shop in a few minutes. 😁🏫😷🚸