Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 01:26 AM   #1  
On the right path

Wink Thursday 8/8

GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!

Gee, we never got a daily thread going yesterday. We must have been busy with our lives. Thought I'd start us off with a cup of coffee and some positive {{{{{{{{{{{{{VIBES}}}}}}}}}}}}.

Weigh in was not kind, but it could have been worse, I suppose. I did gain 1# , so now I'm that much out of leeway again. GEESH! Now, to get that off next week..............

Wendy, when your a KOPS, you are allowed 3#'s over and 7#'s under goal to be in leeway....a 10# spread. It's always best to try to stay under goal. That way it's more difficult to lose status. I was born in Detroit and lived there and an immediate suburb until I was 24. I can honestly say I don't miss it. All my relatives are in Ontario, Canada....and I do miss that country. Hope to get back there to visit someday.

Christie, glad to see you doing your 'menu thread' again. Whatever makes you aware of what you're putting in your mouth is a step in the right direction. YEAH!!!! Are you going to your meetings? How far are you from goal? Stay focused.

Eleni and Sherri, hope weigh in goes well for you both tonight. If not, try to refocus, think of your small goals and begin a new day. I can't remember who else has weigh in tonight.

C4C, noticed you had a loss this week........you too, Marie. GOOD GOING LADIES!

OH my, I feel like I am forgetting someone that I saw listed on the labor day challange thread with a recent weight report......sorry if I haven't addressed you. It isn't done on purpose.....just I didn't write things down. Sorry!

Have a great day all! Think of those portion sizes when you dish up the food, have a big glass of water before you eat to help fill you up and eat slowly........savoring every bite.

TOPS {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Summer
Old 08-08-2002, 09:54 AM   #2  
Opening a whole new world

Default Thursday, and day 5 of fevers

Summer glad you stopped bye, and started this thing. I'm having some morning coffee myself. Took brandon back to the doctor yesterday. He has both of the two viral infections going around. His fever has climbed to 105 at least 2 times, and 104 on the other. The doctor put me off work the rest of the week with him. Which is good. Cuz it seems that we are going to need the whole week to get through this one. We keep pumping the motrin in him, and giving him luke warm baths. last night he slepted a lot. This morning one eye is red. No drainage out of it, so I'm thinking no pink eye yet. Isn't pink eye when it is matted. No urniary track infection which is good. Last night we thought we broke it, only for him to wake up this morning at 2:30 saying mommy I don't feel good. And the temp back up to 103. It seems that the motrin is lasting longer. Which means some improvement. He is on the coach watching Willie Wonka. Drinking good but not eating. Summer I was one with a loss this week, and I know you didn't miss me on purpose. I managed a 3 pound loss this week. I wanted to go to curves last night, but by the time hubby got home brandons temp was so high we had to give him a bath. I thought i would try and get there when he is doing better. I do have the gazelle at home, so that isn't an excuse. While here at home and the little guy sleeping, I joined the Tops interactive not sure yet how much I like it. It's not totally user friendly on the meal planner. My opinion. Tons of recipes though. Has a nice place for goals, put I would like only mine listed when I login. It also had where you could plan your exercise and how many calories you will burn. The Curves type system is about 320 per half hour. The gazelle is about 220 for a 40 min. Which is what I get when i'm here at home. Sherri, and Eleni- good luck on weigh in tonight. You will show an improvement. Just like summer said small steps. Sherri thanks for the pointers, it is helping, I need to buy some things for brandons room to organize that. A friend of ours gave us a bunch of clothes for him and I can't get them in the dresser. Brandon was surpose to go to the fair on Friday with his cousins, but doesn't seem like that will work out. Then we were surpose to go to a cookout on Saturday, doesn't seem like that is going to happen either. It's at one of hubby's friends house, so i'm sure I will be the one staying with the little guy. Well I'm babbling. Missing all you ladies. I need someone else to babble. You get me and sherri together, and there is no stopping us. Well going to check mail, and start some kind of work here. I miss so much work cuz of the little guy getting sick, just wish I could find something here at home to do. I don't know what's going to happen when he goes to school and is exposed to tons more kids. It seems that 90% of the time at daycare he is the only one this sick. Ok. well i'm leaving for now. all you ladies take care and thanks for reading this.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:26 AM   #3  
senior chick

Wendy, congratulations on the 3# loss. That's a really good loss. I hope your little guy will be feeling better soon.

Summer, Thanks for the positive vibes. It reminded me to think positive and have a positive attitude.

Christie, I'm joining you on the menu posting. If I bite it, I must write it, so that will keep me more on plan.

Good luck to those of you weighing in tonight.

Nita
Old 08-08-2002, 01:43 PM   #4  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Smile Howdy ladies

Thanks so much for the vibes summer!!!!
Thats an awsome way to start the day
I am 9 pounds from Kops as of this morning, so just keep on a pushing cause I can definatly use it !! I will owe ya girl!!

Wendy- Hope Brandon is feeling better today, My youngest daughter was alwayssick when she was little but is growing out of it now, so I can identify with what you are going through, hang in there girl and know we are all praying for him

Nita- Thanks for joining me in the menu thread

Eleni- Good luck tonight, I am rooting for you always!

Sherri- MISS YOU GIRL!!!!! AND MEGAN TOOOOOOO!!

Well ladies, I am leader tonight so wish me luck- My leader is out of town so its in my court , Good luck to all who weigh in tonight
Old 08-08-2002, 02:52 PM   #5  
On the right path

Gee Wendy, Poor Brandon. Temps are no fun for everyone involved.

I see you keep mentioning motrin. Has any Dr ever recommended alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofin??? Because they are of different substances, we can overlap them abit with our dd. In all kids that I have been involved with that ran temps that wouldn't go away, this seemed to work the best........along with an appropriate antibiotic if needed. Have they done 'cultures' on him to make sure he is on the appropiate med?? Lots of times they'll just prescribe something that doesn't touch what is really causing it.......and if the temp isn't coming down.....hum...........

Just my two cents ...........I've gone through so much with my own and many others. Hope this might help you.

HUGS, Summer
Old 08-08-2002, 09:02 PM   #6  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Quick weigh in results- turtle
But hey I had supper bedore I left so I am tickled PINK!!!!
Closed Thread