Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 03:45 PM   #1  
Mother Hen

Default Saturday Aug 3

Hello all, Well I had my first piano lesson today. It was very different than the old way of learning. I have taken some lessons which help some. But he has an entirely different way of teaching. I can see where a person could sound good in a short time. I am going to enjoy this. More time to fit into the day for practicing. I took lessons for months before we used the petal. He uses it right away. Interesting.
Hope you are all having a good weekend. I did my exercises this morning. Or most of them anyway. Because of rain pool has gotten too cool and my solar panels have a leak so I can't turn them on.
I am trying to not over eat this weekend. It is not easy. We ate out last night,today for lunch and are going out again tonight. Plus we will probably eat out at least once tomorrow. But I am just concentrating on portion control this weekend.
Ok Hope you are all doing ok. Let us hear from you. We enjoy hearing how your week is going.
Old 08-03-2002, 05:10 PM   #2  
On the right path

Angry

Hello all! Hope this Saturday is going well.

Eleni, I think it is great of you to be taking up the piano again. Hey, if this guys way of teaching makes you learn quicker, that would be nice. Instead of Liberace [sp?] you'll be Elenirace! I hope you do well with the portion control. You are eating out a lot and it would be tempting to stray. You go girl.

I did walk back home after the parade and I haven't been walking since May. It felt good.....wish I could get out and do more. It was nice seeing participants dressed in old western garb...especially the dance hall girls, the 'fine' ladies, and the cowboys. There are street vendors galore. Tomorrow are the burro races where men race for 21 miles leading their burro with a 15 ft rope. They start at our 10,200 ft elevation and go to over 13,00ft [above timberline]. The women run a shorter course. While waiting for the racers to get back to town, there will be a outhouse race, bed race, egg tosses, best costumes, mosey walk and mining events. Fun!

DH is out washing the van...so I think I should go help put some wax on it. That will give me more activity today, and I sure need it. Drat, dd is deciding she wants to have a bigger seizure than 'normal' so........

Hugs,
Summer

Last edited by summer8386; 08-03-2002 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-03-2002, 09:06 PM   #3  
Mother Hen

Your pioneer day type thing sounds like fun.Wish I could go with you. Melissa does keep you going all the time. Don't forget to take care of you.
After supper we stopped at Sam's and walked around. I was like an old lady hanging on to basket but at least it was some walking. Aanything is better than nothing.
I missed a good program on CNN today. I just caught the last 10 minutes. It was questions and answers from Richard Simmons. He was on and callers were calling in. He was not being silly nor trying to sell anything. Wish I had seen it sooner I would have taped it for my group
Closed Thread