View Poll Results: Are you surprised that SPILLIE admitted she was wrong about the whole Corona thing?
Yes, I almost fell over...now give me another Corona! 4 80.00%
No, now give me another Corona! 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2005, 11:56 AM   #1261  
♪ Rock on! ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPILLIE
Okay LADIES, I'm signing off for the day. I'm taking the civil exam for the Department of Welfare to go work for them as a secretarial/admin manager, if I pass this I'm in.

Have a great day and CHICKIE, things will get better.

Good luck SPILLIE....let us know how it goes!
RockerChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 02:29 PM   #1262  
♪ Rock on! ♪

THE CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN HAS NOW LEFT THE BUILDING!!!!
Old 08-09-2005, 08:11 AM   #1263  
The Vegas Strip

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone had a good evening. Mine was pretty uneventful...DBF and I chilled during the evening and then I took him home. I talked to one of my roommates from college on the phone for a while and that was nice. She's due to have a baby at the end of September and she's having a girl! So exciting. She lives in Pittsburgh so I don't get to see her much, but I'll have to make a trip out there once the baby is born!

I had weigh-in this morning and I was down 3 lbs. I'm not sure how, but I won't ask questions! Saturday I pretty much ate whatever I wanted at my sister's house and I wasn't all that great about the whole points thing on Sunday...but I guess that didn't matter! 5 more pounds to go...and I have 18 more days...looks promising! Maybe I'll even surpass my goal!

SPILLIE: I hope all went well yesterday!
ROCKER: Best wishes for DGF and your Mom's friend. Hang in there
HAPPY: I hope your interview went well!
TWIDDLE: I hope you aren't still hung over
BROOK: You can't have Jonathan!!!
VIVA~GIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:04 AM   #1264  
♪ Rock on! ♪

Morning all...things still aren't good on the home front. My DGF has no use of his legs and yesterday was delirious most of the day, not knowing my granny or parents. Dad said he was saying things that were way out in left field. His surgery is postponed indefinitly.

As for my mom's friend...talked to her husband last night. Oh my. The tumor is operable and with any luck they are shooting for Thur/Fri to try and remove it. He also told me that some of her other major organs are in trouble as well. Not good. Not good at all. We talked about my DGF and my parents. He started to break down as did I. He said he knew with the situation with my DGF that my parents probably wouldn't make it up here for my birthday--then he wished me a happy b-day in case he doesn't talk to me before then. That made me cry even more b/c he was thinking of me with all that is going on around him. I told him if he needed anything to call, that I would do what I could. He said the only thing anyone can do now is light a candle. Now I'm not Catholic (they are) but I have learned that this is what they do in situations such as this. I'm wondering if I could go light two candles somewhere even though I'm not Catholic? Anyone know?

Needless to say last night was rough. Then the phone rings around 10:30pm and my heart stopped. Turns out it was my supervisor--he had to call EMS last night for a gentleman that got vertigo during the meeting. The poor guy threw up on the floor from it. Now when stuff like this happens my guys are supposed to write up an accident report--my guy said he didn't have time. What I really think happened is that EMS took him away before he could get down to my office to get the forms--he's handicap and doesn't move that fast. So I now will be cleaning up the ballroom at some point in time today and tearing down the meeting. That way it'll be done and ready for Friday's event. I ate like a pig yesterday from all of this. SIGH.

VIVA: congrats on your loss!

SPILLIE: how's your test go?

TWIDDLE, BROOK & HAPPY: hi!

Gotta go...
Old 08-09-2005, 09:20 AM   #1265  
PR Aug 2005

BUENOS DIAS CHICAS,

I hope all had a good evening. I spent mine running around trying to get DS ready to go to Clementine Park today, and poor thing gets this rain on his parade. Luckily CP is a waterpark and they were going to get wet anyway.

Well, I took the test and ended up doing probably lousy. I got these severe cramps in the middle of the test that had me sweating and feeling nauseas (sp?). So needless to say the second half of the test I was just answering to get it done and over with. It was a 2 1/2 hour test time with 145 questions, 15 of which were math problems and equations that I had to do without a calculator. We'll see how I did when I get back from vacation.

I'm just going to say a blanket hello to all, since I have tons of work to do and only 1 1/2 days to get it done. I'm not coming in on Friday and I might work 1/2 a day on Thursday.

HAVE A GREAT AND WONDERFUL DAY!! Try to stay dry.
SPILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:35 AM   #1266  
PR Aug 2005

CHICKIE, you most definitely can go to any Catholic Church and light a candle. Now it has been my experience that they turn no one away, but you must have faith in this in order for you to feel calm and relax about what you are praying for and asking for. Usually when you light a candle it's to ask for or pray for something or someone. I light candles at home in a little altar I have, but I am not Catholic and do believe in the power of prayer and dedication.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:44 AM   #1267  
The Vegas Strip

Old 08-09-2005, 11:24 AM   #1268  
Sarge

Quick fly-by from me...I'm finally here! Had A/C problems...I'll bore you with details later...and it took them forever to get out to look at it! So, I'm here, but really gotta get to work.

Hope all is well, and I'll try to check back in after I've settled in here.
twiddle-my-thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:36 AM   #1269  
The Vegas Strip

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKLYNN
VIVA - WAY TO GO GIRL VIVA when are you going to San Francisco? Do you have a date for that trip yet?
Spillie - sorry about the test yesterday. Can it be taken again at a later date?
When will you be home from vacation? (she's not even gone and I want to know when she'll be back)
CHICKIE of course you can go and light a candle in a Catholic Church. Just know there are a lot of churches that don't have candles anymore because of fire regulations. MY CHURCH BURNED DOWN BECAUSE OF CANDLES, SO WE DON'T HAVE THEM NOW. I am going to a church tomorrow that has them and I will light two for your intentions. I lit a number of candles while in Canada for all of OUR intentions. Hope nobody mines.
HELLO TWIDDLE ARE PARTY PICTURES COMING SOON?
MY HOUSE LOOKS LIKE A BOMB WENT OFF AND I'M NOT KIDDING
Yes, I have a date. I leave for San Francisco on Tuesday, September 13...and I know you didn't ask but I get home Sunday night September 18th!
Old 08-09-2005, 11:39 AM   #1270  

Hello ladies...

Boss-man is in today, so I don't know how long I can stay on here and write. I'll do my best.

Well, I had my interview on Friday and it went really well. I feel really good about it. I didn't freeze up like I did on Thursday. I just don't know what came over me. It was just different and I should hear something back from Philadelphia Insurance Companies by the end of this week.

I have another job interview tomorrow downtown... It's at KPMG. My sister-in-law works there and heard of a job opening. So, she gave the manager my resume and they called me yesterday. I have to figure out how to get out of work tomorrow. My interview is at 9am. YIKES.

SPILLIE: Would you want to meet up for lunch? KPMG is located on Market street, so I am thinking that is close to you as the other company was. Send me an e-mail if you can do lunch. Did you get my voice mail over the weekend?

ROCKER: I am so sorry to hear this stuff is all going on right now for you. I don't know what to say, but that I will keep you, your family, your mum's friend all in my prayers. I am a firm believer that God really does answer prayer and that he will keep everyone in his care. Hang in there! I'll be thinking and praying for you.

VIVA: Congrats on your weight loss. That's awesome! Way to go! I hope you reach your goal. How many more days until your trip to San Fran? It will be here before you know it. I am sure you will reach your goal.

BROOK & TWIDDLE: Hi guys! Hope you both are doing well!!

Okay, I am going to close for now. Don't want to take any chances here. Ya'll be good and I'll talk to you all soon. SPILLIE: Let me know if you want to meet up!

SEE YA GUYS! Thanks for all your positive thoughts! Means a lot and has definitely helped me through this! Take care!
HappiestGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 11:58 AM   #1271  
♪ Rock on! ♪

Just got done tearing down from the meeting last night and cleaning the ballroom....took me just over 2 hours and now I have a headache. Of course help comes as I have 2 swipes left of mopping the floor! I wasn't expecting any help truthfully....and I'm sure i'll catch **** from my boss but I don't really care at this point. It's not like I can wave my magic wand and make it clean again! ....and if I had that power I sure as **** wouldn't waste it at work!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers, it means a lot. I will keep you posted as much as I can.

I'm really out of it today and now I'm so mad at myself that I didn't try to go to the Jovi gig tonite in NYC (VIVA knows what I'm talking about). I had the chance to apply and turned it down b/c of work (would have had to miss work if selected). My friend that went with me to the other event is going--by herself. She will be having a blast and here I sit. DAMNIT! It would have been nice to go to get away from things here. FLUCK!

Ok I'm done--thanks for listening. Going home now to get some grub and take something for this headache. BBL!
Old 08-09-2005, 12:07 PM   #1272  
The Vegas Strip

Quote:
HI HAPPY - GLAD TO SEE YOU AND NO I DIDN'T GET THE VOICE MAIL OVER THE WEEKEND. OOPS I'M SORRY IT IS ONLY SPILLIE THAT'S SPECIAL.
VIVA - I will be in SanFrancisco on Sept. 20 and will be back ummmmmmm can't remember.
Where are you staying?
Old 08-09-2005, 12:16 PM   #1273  
The Vegas Strip

Quote:
I'm not sure yet, we are going to DH reunion of his aircraft carrier in Sacramento. Have to talk to the people we are meeting up with to see. Where are you staying?
I'm staying at the Fairmont on Mason Street (in the Financial District)
Old 08-09-2005, 01:47 PM   #1274  
PR Aug 2005

VIVA congratulations on the LOST!! Keep up the good work and send some of those losing vibes this way. I can't seem to lose anything, not even that old bat that keeps coming on here and harrassing me

HAPPY you got mail!!

TWIDDLE hope all is well at work and with the AC finally at home.

BROOK

Well, I just got back from lunch and feel so full from all the vegetables I ate that I can't even think straight. So I'll be back later.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:55 PM   #1275  
PR Aug 2005

Ain't nobody else around here old!!