Old 10-18-2005, 08:22 AM   #1696  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

I think I better post my sweet nut recipe again for people having trouble resisting sweets.

1 cup pecan halves
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup splenda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 tbsp butter or margerine

Mix together nuts, splenda , and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Then melt the butter in a large heavy skillet. Throw the nut mixture into the skillet and lightly mix/toss until the butter is absorbed and the nuts are lightly toasted--about 3 minutes. Then take them out and put them back in the bowl to cool (although they are fantastic when they are warm!) A serving is 1.5 ounces and I believe has 2 grams of net carbs. I think momX3 can tell you that even your non-lowcarbing family members will have trouble keeping their fingers out of these. This takes all of about 5 minutes to make! Then you won't even have to buy donut holes and little candy bars.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:04 AM   #1697  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ladies,
all these yummy recipes for fall. I made pumpkin cake last night. It was good but I think a little to much splenda in it, it has that splenda taste. Last time I made it, it didn't. The recipie is so easy, you just follow the pumpkin pie recipie of the can of pumpkin, use evaporate skim milk, splenda, and if you arn't eating eggs, egg beaters, in place of the high cal ingredients, then put in 1 1/2 cup of oatmeal. this makes it more dense like a cake, and not so pie-ish that it needs a crust. I cook mine in a cast iron skillet and it comes out great.
Today I got up and excersised. Ussual jog, hey when do they change the clocks back, its getting darker and darker. Every day I do that, I feel like I have really come a long way because it is so hard for me but I force my seld to do it. so pat on the back for anyone getting their excersise in!
It is my long day, I drive right after work to teach I packed a good lunch but didn't have enough things do do a dinner too, so I will probably stop and get some soup or chili on the way, not very easy to eat in the car but I will try to make some time to stop or I'll just munch before I get out of the car. hmmm I'll see.
Ok, got to get to work.
jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:28 AM   #1698  
Linux Lady

For anyone who is interested, the Four Corners Diet Book is available on Amazon. You can order it used for $2.20 (before tax and shipping), and new for less than $5.00.

Still hanging in there with no birthday cake consumed. It probably wouldn't be as good as the day I made it. Maybe it really would be 'bad cake'.

Gotta get out and drag my bod up and down a few hills.

zoey
~zoey~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:56 AM   #1699  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Wow

I'm still dragging and sleeping way too much. I thought I'd made it through that mega-shift unscathed, but I just keep sleeping. I need to get back to the grindstone today, it's back to work. It'll suck without my coworker there But I have to do what I have to do. With all of us there working so many hours on so little sleep, you can imagine some of the wild and weird conversations. I need to go back to work just to find out what ones were real and what ones were dreamt or imagined. I'll check in from work this evening, as I work every shift alone from now on. I've missed you all... yawn. Maybe a nap before work?
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 03:33 PM   #1700  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

Good Afternoon!

One more pound gone!!!! WooHOOO! Just back from the dr. scale hahaha I think they're getting used to me just popping in to borrow their scale. Im happy with a pound! Considering the extra goodies, and (I will fess up now), because of a nasty ingrown tonail and subsequent infection, I haven't done my exercise video in 3 days The podiatrist only comes here for 2 afternoons per month and his waiting list is huge, so I called his office in Santa Rosa to set up the 'surgery' there and take care of this nail once and for all!

Zoey~ Thanks for the info lol.. When I read the reviews I just assumed I wouldn't be able to afford the book right now, but I'm on my way to Amazon!

Petra~ Thanks also for the nut recipe, but hubby doesn't like nuts so I'll still have to do the sweets for him. However, having them around for myself will help majorly! Is there a big difference in the nuts you use? Can you use cashews, peanuts, walnuts etc and still be the same net carbs?

Curley~ I was thinking the same thing about the pumpkin and I'm thinking canned is probably fine. Let me know how it is. I'm actually changing my plan today and baking the pumpkin cake thingy. Maybe the sweet for my sweety that is safe to have around the house lol.

Jennie~ Thanks you too for the cake recipe. I hope quik cooking oats are ok, cuz that's what I'm using lol. Clocks change on Oct 30. I can't wait either. I hate going to work in the dark.

Turtle~ Hopefully you're getting caught up on that sleep by now! Will keep my eyes open for your posts from work.

Shouts out to anyone I may have missed! And good OP day/nite to everyone!
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 03:39 PM   #1701  
former PIC drop out

S/C/G: 310/277/140

Height: 5'4"

Just wanted to check in and say hello... I havent been to 3FC in a really long time.. I dont know whats wrong with me I just cant get back into the groove.. I can talk the talk,, but I havent been able to walk the walk.. I just wanted to congratulate all of your successes, and welcome to all the new PIC's I didnt have the opportunity to meet.. Keep up with the great work.. and Good Luck to You All...

Love Always,

Dee
deerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 04:23 PM   #1702  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Red face Peek!

Look who I spy with my Turtle eyes! It's DEE! So good to see you woman! Don't be down, so many of us have fallen and had such difficulty getting back up, don't let it KEEP you down. Post post post. We've missed you so much. I'll check in a little later tonight. I was just so pleased to see you, I had to post immediately! Write me if'n ya want. I'd love to hear from you.
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:06 PM   #1703  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hey all. Went to the "infamous" kickboxing class today and explained to the teacher that I wouldn't be taking it as usual and she was very concerned about the swelling I always have in my wrists after her class (usually last 3 days or so). I knew it was probably a no-no, since carpal tunnel is an daily reminder. But she....said, just punch the air instead of the foam pads and work on the lower leg kicks. YEAH!!! I was sooo happy to hear that, as I find her a fantastic teacher and she really gets you to work hard for her. Anyways, 1 hour later and sweat a'dripping I felt awesome!!!

Unfortunately though....the scale has showed a whopping 5 lb gain since last week. Not sure what is happening there, but I wasn't a happy camper at all this morning. Nothing out of the normal for last week, heck I even lost weight with TOM here. Points are good and I'm OP....very confusing indeed. My friend called me yesterday and told me of a great dream that she had with me reaching goal!!! Let me tell you, glad she called because a 5 lb gain was going to derail me right then and there. Instead I brushed the gain off and just continued with my normal days routine. MIND OVER MATTER!!! HOOOO HAWWWWW !!!!
angel-eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:12 PM   #1704  

Dee-what a pleasant surprise. You'll get back to it when you decide you're ready.

Iwmonn-the nuts make a difference. It might taste okay with cashews but they have a lot of carbs. The other nuts you mentioned wouldn't taste very good in it, I don't think. Too bad your hubby doesn't like nuts, he doesn't know what he is missing.

I'm cooking dinner for my family on Sunday in honor of my mother's birthday. Tomorrow is her birthday actually. I have to cook major carbs--yuck. I'm trying to find out if there is gluten in oat bran because my brother has a gluten allergy so if anyone knows the answer, please let me know. I'm planning on making meatloaf and using oatbran as the breadcrumb substitute. There will be kids at this meal so I don't want to go with anything too strange like pork rinds, although I'm sure they are gluten free.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:23 PM   #1705  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Petra
i googled it and heres what i found:
"Oat bran can cause reactions in people with gluten allergy, due to its gluten content.
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 09:53 PM   #1706  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

hmmmm, how 'bout TVP? Also Petra, there are lots of Gluten-Free breads available. Call around to some of the natural/organic/health food stores. Food For Life is one brand we sell. They have several "flavors". Or I think Rudi's has a gf bread also. BTW thanks for the nut info. I didn't know about the higher carbs in cashews
French Meadow Bakery is another one. These breads are generally available in the frozen section.

Last edited by iwmonn; 10-18-2005 at 10:36 PM.
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 06:12 AM   #1707  
Staying in 1derland!

6 am.... i'm sleepy, wanna go back to bed...

little devil on left shoulder says" u dont have to be at work till 830...and this blankey i am wrapped in feels soooo good... just go back to bed, even chai is asleep"

little angel on right shoulder says:" gotta get out there and walk to rev your metabolism up... gotta get movin so the scale will budge outta the 40's"

6:07 ok ..ok.. im going just give me a sec.. but its sooo cold!

6:10 go hop on scale.. cross fingers .. look with only 1 eye.. oh wooo hooo 240

so close to the 30's guess i better get moving..

have a happy day pic chickies!
Old 10-19-2005, 06:13 AM   #1708  

I've tried food for life bread and don't really like it. Actually curly-I've looked into it a little more and it looks like there are very small amounts of gluten in it and it is not likely to be a problem in the way I'm using it (I'm not making oat bran bread or anything) My brother doesn't have celiac disease so I"m not going to kill him. He just might get a runny nose. Thanks for the info though. I actually emailed Jonny Bowden to ask him since he's a dietician. He had the same impression-very small amounts.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:19 AM   #1709  
Staying in 1derland!

yum meatloaf sounds very good!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:00 AM   #1710  
I deserve it!

Unhappy Hello everyone.....

Where do I start?

Hello Everyone!

I am sorry. I gave up on myself, and I gave up on all of you. I literally gave up. Gained everything back except 2 little pounds.

I asked my girlfriend for help, but to no avail. She is a personal trainer and we have a complete home gym...but she will not get up early and exercise with me (or get up with me in the morning at all and encourage me), and will not exercise with me after work due to lack of energy on her part. She did have the gall to say that she would really like to see me exercising in the morning, because that made me really happy (gee whiz, thanks for noticing, like she has evere SEEN me exercise...NOT). I asked for help with my food intake, yet again, no avail, so I am eating Lean Cuisine, fruit, and vegetables.

I stood on our back deck and I cried and cried and cried, and looked at the clouds, and prayed go God, Buddha, and Mother Nature for all I am worth for help, for strength, for courage, for will. At that moment a dragonfly was on the railing near me, and I stopped crying, and looked at it for its beauty, and then it landed on my shoulder and there is stayed.
I knew it was a sign of something, because that is my nature totem.

To make a long story short, I miss me, I miss being happy, I miss you ladies, and miss feeling good and healthy and strong. God, please help me. I am begging you. I am not one to ask for help from anybody, but I am asking help from you all, if you can forgive me.

Step 1 'My name is Looking2Lose and I have a problem with food. I am an overeater, and a binge eater.

Today, I exercise to the 20 minute RS Blass-Off tape, to start to get back in the groove.

God bless you gals,
Talk to you soon.

Will you help me?
looking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote