Old 03-19-2009, 09:03 AM   #466  

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/180

Height: 5'-7"

meme: I am not saying the CLA is a waste. I think it works differently on everyone and it didn't make much of a difference for me so I have stopped. I think anything is worth trying. As far as running out of Chrom., I am not sure how much of a difference it will make. I think the most important thing is to make sure your food intake is good and all should be well.
Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #467  

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default New Beginner

Hello! I just started the HM program on March 15th and have never been part of a forum before but you all sounded so supportive that I thought I'd give it a try! Any hints and tips for a new beginner?
MicheleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #468  
Success is a journey

S/C/G: 200/173/140

Height: 5'5

Welcome Michele! Glad to have you! As for hints and tips... I would have to say that you should do your very best to stick as closely to the program as possible. The measuring of food and the journalling are crucial. Go in to the centre as often as possible and take your supplements. I know I'm not saying anything that your centre wouldn't say but maybe hearing it from one of us might help you do that much better at the start here.

Again.. welcome
mememegogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #469  
trying to be the real me!

S/C/G: 289/281/270

I heard something interesting today from the centre..

You should eat protein BEFORE starch as it (starch) can convert to sugar easier by itself..Protein kicks your metabolism into gear!!
2 dogs 1 lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:15 PM   #470  
Success is a journey

That is interesting.... I've always made myself eat my veggies first. I wonder how that comes into play with the protein and starches?
Old 03-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #471  

Perhaps I should continue to eat my scrambled eggs for breakfast if that's the case!

It's so nice to see a group of people able to support each other... and you all seem to be doing quite well on your way to your goals!

I've stuck to the plan except I still chew gum everyday and couldn't find anything about it on the list so hoping it doesn't count... Also hoping that my measuring has been correct. I find it very difficult to figure out how much of solid foods (cauliflower, carrots, etc.) is equal to a cup.

Heading in for my first visit and weigh in tomorrow. My scale at home seems to be fluctuating quite a bit and at one point today read 3 lbs higher than my starting weight... I really hope this works 'cause I don't think I can stick to the plan any better (minus the gum!)
Old 03-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #472  
Success is a journey

I too am a gum chewer.

The first weigh-in is exciting/scary. But I would bet you that you will be pleasantly surprised by it. Waterloss in the first little bit usually contributes to big numbers initiallly.

Speaking of the role of water and weight fluctuations... I HATE TOM! Seriously! If it isn't one thing it is another with me these days. First of all the problem with elimination and now TOM has to rear its ugly head right when I was feeling good about everything. UGH! All of that said... I am down 2.6lbs since last week. So that is ok... but I was certain it would be better because I feel different. BLAH! I am discouraged. In the overall scheme of things I still have only lost and gained the same 7lbs. Of course there was the weeks that I gave up and went back to old habits and gained the entire weight back and then some. So really.. I have lost 10 lbs and most of it in the last 3 weeks... but with the big picture I am very unhappy with myself. I want to do so much better. I have my minigoal in sight of losing 2lbs more minimum by next Saturday. But I am discouraged.......
Old 03-21-2009, 05:43 PM   #473  

Afternoon everyone!

I think one of the most important things is..our weight is JUST a number...it is how our clothes fit that really matters. If you are still up a lb but your clothes feel looser, than something is happenening...

I was down a bit over 2 lbs this am...and my clothes don't feel any different...but by this weekend they WILL!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CHALLENGE!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Should we have a one week challenge ladies??
Not to see who can lose the most weight...but WHO CAN STICK TO THE PROGRAM!!!!!
If you can do it..(honestly) I will have a gif made for you...not fancy, but with YOUR name!!![

Last edited by 2 dogs 1 lady; 03-21-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:44 PM   #474  
Success is a journey

I am totally down for a 1 week challenge? What are the rules?
Old 03-21-2009, 09:44 PM   #475  

S/C/G: 249/173/175

Height: 5'6

I'll do the 1 week challenge!

LOL for me could be as simple as drinking water to excercise LOL

So, 6.5 lbs since Feb 24th! So I guess its not bad! Was hoping for a bigger # though!
Started the walking......not been doing it daily, but as much as I can, and I think its been 4 days out of 7

Hope you're all doing well

Do anyone of you have a before and during pic of yourself? Care to share......give insperation to some of us
doughgirl192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:42 AM   #476  

The one week challenge sounds good and might be the inspiration I need after a very crappy weigh in. Only down one pound... I thought it would be more as I seem to be in the washroom every 45 minutes and could hardly make it the 50 minute drive into the city!

Is there anyone else here who started off slow in the first week? If so, can you please let me know that the numbers get better (but only if it's the truth)

Good job on the loss meme and dough girl! I too have to get exercising... although I did walk around the mall for a few hours today! haha
Old 03-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #477  

Meme, Dough, Michele, and anyone else

I think the rules should be simple...PUSH hard to follow your HM plan all week. That is as simple as it is...post your results on Saturday too. It doesn't matter if we lost the most or the least or inches..as long as we "stick to it"!

EVERY NIGHT YOU POST HERE HOW YOU DID....if you feel yourself lagging, ask for help!

tips..prepack your lunches the night before....write down on a pc of paper what you will eat the night before for the next day so you can follow it without thinking an getting frusterated!

Michele, do not worry about a slow start!!! which qlp program are you on??

for brekkie eat protein and starch...and some fruit.

Last edited by 2 dogs 1 lady; 03-22-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #478  

fyi I was eating the WW multigrain bread..thats a no-no on HM. either WW white or WW but not multigrain.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:17 AM   #479  

I'm on QLP II for now until I get below 200. The staff said that after that I switch to smaller portion sizes (not sure if that's QLP I?). Wish I could have started on smaller portions... I seem to be eating (or thinking about it) all the time! I have noticed myself getting hungry more often now than before, so maybe that means my metabolism is kicking into a higher gear.

I noticed that the white ww bread counted as fewer points so I have been eating it since the begininng, but thanks for the info.

Lady: thanks for the challenge idea... I think everyone posting everyday will help us all stick to it!

P.S. Had a Breyers low cal ice cream sandwich as my free exchange yesterday - DELICIOUS! Although I'm sure you all already know that!
Old 03-22-2009, 01:14 PM   #480  

Michele..

we are on the same then. This is how I was told to eat for optimal weight loss

Breakfast:
1 starch
1 protein
1/2 dairy
1 fruit

am snack