Old 01-17-2003, 11:32 AM   #1  
CatGal

Question Curves - Anyone Go? Should I join?

I met a woman at my nail salon (of all places!) who was raving about a new Curves that just opened in my neighborhood. It sounds like an interesting concept to me, but I am leary to "Sign up" for another membership that will go wasted.

Do any of you ladies to this? What do you think?
Thanks,
Gina
Old 01-17-2003, 11:42 AM   #2  

Yes I go to Curves. I really hate to exercise but I like the curcuit training since you are only at each station for 30 seconds and then the music instructs you to switch to the next station. Whole workout is like 30-40 minutes.

You should check it out, Gina - you might like it.

Kel
Old 01-17-2003, 11:52 AM   #3  

I LOVE the new Curves commercials--REAL women! Actual members of their clubs! I tell ya, if ever I wanted to join a gym, it would be that one
Old 01-17-2003, 02:28 PM   #4  
Hang In There

On another thread that I've been a member of for years in the Buddy-up section, several mf the members go to Curves in different parts of the country, and they all love it. I checked one out once ant thinkd it would be great, but since I'm a water addict I have to go where there is a pool.
Old 01-17-2003, 08:35 PM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

There is a thread in the exercise section http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=19107
check it out.
I too belong to curves. it is right next door the the kids karate place. Go in and ask for a free week. I think it is fun and over before you know it. I see lots of friends from town, and the women look like real people.
-L
Old 01-18-2003, 08:19 AM   #6  

Apparently for Curves you can pay as you go here....So it wouldn't really be a waste of a lot of money. Except the one here i would not join.. they are inexperienced woman doing measurments and such....I know of two women that go and apparently each week they go it is a different girl measuring them..She gained 3 inches in her thighs in one week.. The reason being is that each girl measured her thighs in a different area than the other... Talk about discouraging.. It's discouraging enough trying to lose the weight without added discouragement.. Whew all those words>>LOL
Old 01-18-2003, 08:47 AM   #7  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Well they only mesure and weigh once a month. And with anything it is just a number. You shouldn't go just to be mesured you should go for the health bennifit. I personally have not weighed or mesured at curves. i go because i want to. There will always be human error, just like a bottle of water can change your weight. Don't let this stop you from trying it out. You can always mesure yourself at home.
You have to join our place. It is not pay as you go, but give it a try and see if you like it.

-L
Old 01-18-2003, 12:08 PM   #8  

Oh, I've never been measured at my Curves either - well, wait I think I was in the very beginning but I just don't say anything to anyone about the monthly measurings and they don't bug me about it. I love going and it is very close to my house. Ours is a place you have to join but the fee is fairly low ($ 29 per month) Like I said before, it is a low key kind of place - not a bunch of 20 something hardbodies prancing around just real woman with real bodies taking a bit of time do help themselves.

The inexperenced staff won't really be a problem as once you are instructed on the machines (not rocket science) you are on your own and you work as hard or as easy as you want.

Kel
Old 01-21-2003, 10:49 AM   #9  

I wish there was a Curves near me. I belong to NYSC, which is great, but I find myself only ever doing cardio and not going near the weight machines, which is what I really need to do. I like the idea of Curves b/c you work everything and don't have to worry about waiting your turn etc. There is one near my mom's place upstate and I am encouraging her to join.
Old 01-21-2003, 12:24 PM   #10  
CatGal

Talking Thanks Everyone!

I really appreciate all your input! I have an appointment with Curves on Jan 30th. I will let you all know what I decide!
GinaMarie