Old 12-31-2002, 02:27 PM   #1  

Question Twitchy legs at Night

I started back on induction the day after Christmas, and so far I've lost 6.5 lbs. (actually re-lost) Last night I noticed my legs feel all twitchy when I was trying to go to sleep, didn't someone else experience this? I can't find the post that talked about it. Can anyone offer me a suggestion? I thought it was maybe the Calcium/Magnesium thread but I checked fitday and I got 109% of my Calcium and 62% of Magnesium.
Old 12-31-2002, 04:41 PM   #2  

Your leg cramps are probably caused by a lack of Potassium.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:03 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

oooohhhh !!!! dyan!!!! there's something called restless legs syndrome. but chances are, you don't have it,.

i vote for trying the potassium. and you might also need a wee little bit more calcium and magnesium.
Old 12-31-2002, 06:24 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi Dyan

I had that too, and still get it when I dont take my magnesium. Take a magnesium and a potasium supplement, and it should go away.

Old 12-31-2002, 08:56 PM   #5  
Slimwithin

I quite often get "restless leg syndrome" but not when I go to bed. It's usually when I'm sitting watching tv. It drives me nuts. I just want to shake them and shake them. I never realized it could be a magnesium deficiency. Thanks for the tip.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:12 AM   #6  

I get it all the time, a nasty side effect of PCOS I'm afraid. Somehow it doesn't make it any easier for me to deal with. I agree with the others, mag/calcium supplements should calm that leggy down!
Old 01-01-2003, 12:55 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

the ususal supp for potassium is during induction is up to 4 tabs daily divided over atleast twice. then you can drop to 1-2 as needed. magnesium also will help substantially with constipation. but try to get a good magnesium or you will not absorb much