Old 08-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #16  

Height: 5'6"

So seriously, it's barely 8am here and I've already learned something on this board today! I've been having the blueberry pom drink every night for the colligen (sp?). I didn't know it was low in protein. Adjusting plan now. And, I have to get on board with this rhubarb thing, I've never tried it.

Congrats TwoTots on your amazing 12+lb loss in week 1!

Hope everyone has a great day!
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #17  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
Hello Everyone. My first weigh in was yesterday, I lost 12.2 lbs!!! Fab! It feels really good. Week one wasn't so bad. I didn't get any headaches. started back to work so was very busy, always good to keep me from prowling around my cupboards.
How do I make the maple oatmeal crunchy/chewy to use as a topping/base with rhubarb. Thanks, have a lovely day.
Awesome first week, isn't it great?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
gooood morning ipeeps!!!!!!!!!!!!

make it a beautiful day!!!

GET YOUR DANCE ON!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5fOZ68MgMM
I got my dance on! Love the guy in the video dancing along, lol!

On the way to work this morning I heard this one as I drank my spinach smoothie and thought it was very appropriate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdBt8tu4mXc

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Good morning IPers! Hope everyone has a great day planned! I have to start getting ready for the littlest's 3rd birthday party on Saturday. Been trying to enjoy "staycation" but it's time to buckle down and get things in order so I'm not up all night Friday!

I've been kind of avoiding the Blueberry pom drinks and the raspberry jello when I read so many people posting that their coaches advised not to use it as a 3rd packet for the day because of the incomplete proteins. But last night I was really in the mood for something "dessert"-y and I hate not using the packets I have! So I chopped up a cup of rhubarb and cooked it in the microwave for 2 minutes until it could be mashed. Mixed it with the Raspberry jelly and 2 Tbsp of the WF strawberry jam. It made enough for 2 servings and was the PERFECT dessert snack! I didn't feel like I was "overdoing" packets either since it was just a half serving. I reduced my dinner veggies by 1/2 cup to account for the rhubarb too.
I've got a party coming up Labor Day weekend for my girl who's gonna be 5! I'm hosting a pizza party for the guests, and a salad and veggie tray party for anyone who wants to join me in the festivities!

I'd love to hear what alternatives there are to IP collagen and pom drinks. Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning IP family! As I plan my menu for the day and think about how to best spend the last few days of summer break, I am stricken by the gratitude I feel for so many of you and for this board
Riss – Your post on Wednesday was beautiful and awe inspiring. Thank you for being so honest and letting us use your strength.
RainbowSmiles – I love seeing your posts every day – you are definitely a bright spot on our board and your upbeat attitude is just what I need!
Sewmam – Your calm thoughtful approach to everything – from you health concerns to preparing for winter – make me feel settled. You are a great inspiration.
IP43 - thanks for the camping suggestions. I know what to do… just have to get myself to actually do it! Lol Your encouragement helps.
Of course Wuv – your tough love and unwavering conviction – strength for me to draw from.
Wingnut, Scorbett, LizRR, Tigrlvr… and so many others … make me thankful for this site.

Wishing everyone a Great OP IP Day!!
I'm so grateful as well for such a wonderful, supportive group, and I feel very fortunate to find a home!

Last edited by stargirl66; 08-23-2012 at 09:27 AM.
stargirl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #18  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Hello Everyone. My first weigh in was yesterday, I lost 12.2 lbs!!! Fab! It feels really good. Week one wasn't so bad. I didn't get any headaches. started back to work so was very busy, always good to keep me from prowling around my cupboards.
How do I make the maple oatmeal crunchy/chewy to use as a topping/base with rhubarb. Thanks, have a lovely day.
Awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskii View Post
Good Morning. So happy to have found this site! There are so many great tips and inspiring stories. I'm going into week 3 and am down 14lbs and 7.2 inches.
Awesome!
Quote:
Good morning IP family! As I plan my menu for the day and think about how to best spend the last few days of summer break, I am stricken by the gratitude I feel for so many of you and for this board
Riss – Your post on Wednesday was beautiful and awe inspiring. Thank you for being so honest and letting us use your strength.
RainbowSmiles – I love seeing your posts every day – you are definitely a bright spot on our board and your upbeat attitude is just what I need!
Sewmam – Your calm thoughtful approach to everything – from you health concerns to preparing for winter – make me feel settled. You are a great inspiration.
IP43 - thanks for the camping suggestions. I know what to do… just have to get myself to actually do it! Lol Your encouragement helps.
Of course Wuv – your tough love and unwavering conviction – strength for me to draw from.
Wingnut, Scorbett, LizRR, Tigrlvr… and so many others … make me thankful for this site.

it was so nice meeting you and your husband.

So yesterday and today I took the two oldest. To the Pimp House water park at Jay Peak here in VT. We had a blast. I was down with a fever the night before we left, Tuesday? And it cam back with a vengeance last night. Chills, aches and all. I was up to get an extra blanket and wrapped myself in it. Hopefully it's gone now!

NSV yesterday. Last time we came here I rode the same water slide and was thrown off the tube both times, not yesterday, I'm about seventy pounds lighter than our first trip. That felt good. And the splash at the end did not take my breath away as much, it was fun and last time was painful!
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 330/319/230

Height: 6'-0

so this was a good week down 7 more pounds. 29 to go!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #20  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post

I got my dance on! Love the guy in the video dancing along, lol!

On the way to work this morning I heard this one as I drank my spinach smoothie and thought it was very appropriate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdBt8tu4mXc

gf.....ooooh IF you and i lived closer...
WE WOULD SO TEAR UP THAT DANCE FLOOR!!!! and SHAKE IT UP FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!

ima dancing fool!!!!

rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #21  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
so this was a good week down 7 more pounds. 29 to go!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BIG DADDY!!!!!!!!!! GO!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 240/220/168 BMI=35.6/32.5

Height: 5'9''

3rd day on program and I am LOVING it!!! Seriously this diet is so easy for me and I read these posts of all you amazing women and see how it really gets results!! First Weigh In next Monday! Can't wait! I have stepped on my scale and see movement already for just two days on it!! Tried on a pair of capri's that are tight and took a picture. Want to see how those fit in a few days!!! So psyched! Good Day to all!
kshea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Huge NSV happening right now. im flying today to see family, and as i write this i am comfortably seated in my airplane seat with my legs cross legged. i didn't realize it at first but then i was whoa...I've never done this before. what a great feeling to start my 4 day weekend!!
Sonyasbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #24  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Quote:
WOW 12 lbs is wonderful!! CONGRATS!!!

Quote:
gooood morning ipeeps!!!!!!!!!!!!

make it a beautiful day!!!

GET YOUR DANCE ON!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5fOZ68MgMM
HI Rainbow!!!!
aimeed3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #25  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

Good Mornng Everyone!

I am feeling much better than I was 2 days ago. I am also feeling very hungry since I havent been eating right the last 2 days.
I am not going to indulge, I am going to just continue on the plan like normal and fight off the hunger.

Nothing real important to report. Other than maybe watching this hurricane coming to see what it's going to do. I sure dont feel like packing up and leaving the house, but I am not going to stay home and risk being without electricity. My hubby said he needs a weeks vacation. LOL

hope everyone has a great day!!

Congrats to all the losers and good luck to those weighing in.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #26  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post

HI Rainbow!!!!
Quote:
I havent been eating right the last 2 days.
alright girly....i DON'T WANT TO BE HEARING THAT!!!

get right back on track!!
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 08-23-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #27  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

Quote:
alright girly....i DON'T WANT TO BE HEARING THAT!!!

get right back on track!!
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I havent been eating bad, I just havent really been eating. I thought I was coming down with a stomach virus, I felt nauseated for 2 days. Feeling better today though.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #28  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
I havent been eating bad, I just havent really been eating. I thought I was coming down with a stomach virus, I felt nauseated for 2 days. Feeling better today though.
make sure you drink plenty of water and clear liquids!!!! can't be having my little aimee sick now!! BE STRONG
Old 08-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #29  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:

hope YOU have a GREAT OP IP day too!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #30  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Ugh...I feel like The Walking Dead (again) today. My allergies are really kicking it into high gear. And my son apparently inherited it from me, because we are both snotty, coughing, congested, and our ears are hurting. I woke up ~4x last night hacking it up! I am so glad my dad is staying with us until the weekend, as the help is soooo needed right now!

So I made a new Phase 3 breakfast recipe last night - it was BEAUTIFUL, a Strawberry & Rhubarb Custard Crumble. But I was lazy and used frozen fruit & hadn't really defrosted, so there was some liquid in there around the edges. I thought I would just barely drain some out into the sink....and the whole thing got dumped out! Of course I scooped it up with a spatula and still ate it this morning. It was delicious - but not so pretty as before. I did manage to take a before picture I will post soon, but an after picture would have been funnier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post
I'd love to hear what alternatives there are to IP collagen and pom drinks. Anyone?
You can use the Knox Unflavored Gelatin (or any store brand Gelatin packet) to get in a cheap collagen boost. I have a 'Rhubarb Jam' recipe - 1 packet adds ~24 calories all from ~6g protein (collagen):
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4431623-post29.html

I know some folks just dissolve their gelatin in water, maybe add some Mio/sweetener/etc. and drink it like a "shot".

Last edited by LizRR; 08-23-2012 at 10:56 AM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote