Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #466  
Warrior Princess

I try for 5-6 days a week minimum and so far I have managed to maintain that unless TOM or an illness gets the best of me. March and June have been my best months for staying focused.

I'm now toying with the idea of weight/resistance training in conjuction with Jillian. Nothing crazy; I will either graduate to 8p weights for Jill or get 10-15p handweights for reps. I need toning and want more definition.

See everyone tonight after Jill to report. Have a great day.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #467  

S/C/G: 130/117.4/100

Height: 4' 10.5"

After 2 days of basically doing nothing, I decided to get up an hour earlier this morning and "move it". Put on Robert Fergusons' workout DVD and did 12 minute Fat Burner and 12 minute Muscle Maker. Did so many squats, that I can hardly walk--ha ha. Tonight I danced on the rebounder for 1 hour with the 60's music I recorded.

I'll be working with Robert for 3 weeks. By then I can get Jillians' workout & the DVD that I ordered should be here by then too.

Okay--off for a Epsom Salt soak and then to bed. Be back tomorrow sometime.

Eskielover
Eskielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:20 AM   #468  

Hello Ladies!

Eskielover, you have Robert Ferguson's program? I have it, but never fully got into it. There's a resource page early on in this thread you might want to check out. It's all internet stuff, but there's lots of stuff online you can access.

Gabi, that's the problem I have with these programs. I want to build muscle and although they do get you to a certain point they aren't meant for true building. Have you heard of Kelly Coffey? She has a platform called 30 Minutes To Fitness that's very good. There are others, but its late and I can't think right now.

bunneh, so many things effect the numbers. Do you ever reflect on your journey from 230? I think that is quite an accomplishment and sometimes its just good to look back and appreciate your victories.

exhale, that was poetic! Your all about the zen right now....Love it!

I'm still keeping true to my program. I strained my bicep so the upper body weight work is taking a back seat for the moment. I didn't strain it during the workout, but I think I irritated it carrying my luggage. Also, I did a kickbox workout the day after and I forgot about all the punches. Its getting better so I am on the mend. Nutrition has been good too so I am gleaming about that.

More tomorrow, but its late. g'nite!
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #469  
Warrior Princess

RI30 done. I was burning out towards the end..

TOM is starting. I don't want to get TMI but I have a Paraguard IUD so that makes things a little more "complicated" about the 2nd or 3rd day in. I just hope the bad day falls on Saturday when I plan to take a rest day anyway.

Super tired. Goodnight ladies.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #470  
Warrior Princess

Haven't heard of that DVD Philly but I will look into it tomorrow, thanks.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #471  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyGirl2012 View Post
Hello Ladies!

Eskielover, you have Robert Ferguson's program? I have it, but never fully got into it. There's a resource page early on in this thread you might want to check out. It's all internet stuff, but there's lots of stuff online you can access.
Yes, I got it in January & really liked it but didn't stay with it, eventually stopping altogether. I want to stick with it for 3 weeks & see how I do.

Thanks for the info on the resource page--will check it out.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #472  

Workout this morning--24 minute Burn & Tone. I went easy on the squats 'cause I'm still sore.

Be back this evening.

Eskielover

Last edited by Eskielover; 06-15-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #473  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Well, I was back to 158.8 this morning. Now that my weight is back to normal I can tell I was pretty swollen with water retention. I feel so much more comfortable now. I don't know what caused it but at least it didn't last long!

I'm going to do some kind of strength work today, weights if I have the energy, but I might have to go with just body weight exercises.

All of you are doing so great!
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #474  
Warrior Princess

RI30 done, tomorrow off. See everyone Sunday (or Monday) depending on how I feel with TOM. :/

Goodnight and have a nice weekend, everyone.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:14 AM   #475  
Just watch me ...

Good morning all
Scale is staying steady in its good place. I've decided to ditch the decimal points (!). I'm doing well with no-breaddy dinners and that's a big step forward.
Have a great weekend

Last edited by Exhale15; 06-16-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #476  
Warrior Princess

I have issues with that decimal point too, anything .5 or above drives me insane. I haven't weighed myself in a while so I will need to check sometime next week to see if I've made progress.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #477  
Just watch me ...

Good morning all

Got in a ton of walking yesterday & slept really well last night.

Novangel, I just drop the decimal point - considering all of the 'non-fat' variables there are to daily weight. I couple of months ago I was jotting down my weight every day, and I averaged it at the end of each week. Over the course of a couple of months I saw a slow but steady average decrease in pounds week-by-week.

I don't know why I've screwed my mind up with this exercise stuff...but I have got to get back on the wagon. Maybe jot down the exercise minutes/miles every day and average that at the end of the week...at least my calculator is getting a work-out I know my eating is where it should be, now I have to exercise...

Have a great day all, see you later.....

Last edited by Exhale15; 06-17-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #478  
Warrior Princess

Hey Exhale, yep it's time to get back to exercise..it was nice having my Saturday night off but let the Jillian beating resume.

Be back tonight to check in.

ETA: Decided to weigh in even though I'm in the middle of TOM and I'm still 150p, that could POSSIBLY mean I weigh less. I guess we stay tuned to find out...I'm not getting my hopes up though.

Last edited by novangel; 06-17-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #479  

S/C/G: 183/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone!
I'm new to this thread and somewhat new to exercise. I've tried many times to stick to something but always ended up hating it because I tried doing too much too soon. I am trying to lose 50lbs before next spring so that I can go to college healthy and confident.

I just got back from a combination jog/cycling workout that lasted 13 minutes exactly - I timed it. This is my second workout in months, the first being on Friday. That's probably really short for just starting out, but it's something I can definitely see expanding on in time and sticking with! I love biking.
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:33 AM   #480  

Happy Monday!

And good morning to all!

McMurphy, welcome to the thread! You can surely put a huge dent in that 50lb goal by next spring. We all start somewhere and sooner or later you will want to do more. How's your nutrition?

Exhale, you were doing so good with your classes. Come on now, get back to it.

Gabi, as always I'm in awe of your drive.

eskielover, they say three weeks is the turning point that you will either stick with it or abandon it.

Where's Angelsmom and bunneh?

So...I don't know if I mentioned that I get on the scale daily. Not to freak out about the numbers, but I like seeing how my diet effects my weight. I also get a kick out of the oddities such as on saturday I weighed 197 even. Sunday it was 195.6 and the same this morning. If its the same tomorrow then I'll take it as my new weight.

I'm encouraged to see movement on the scale, but being in the Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle program and the weekly weigh in tracking weight, lean body mass, body fat percentage I had a loss of lean body mass this week which was not good. I find it odd that I didn't exercise at all the first week and gained muscle mass and lost fat. Last week was week 2 of the program and I lost weight and lost muscle mass and fat percentage stayed the same. That is the part I don't like. You don't want to lose muscle mass and what that means is my protein intake is not where it should be.

Ok, off to earn my pay. Have a great day everyone!
PhillyGirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote