3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Metabolic Research Center (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center-228/)
-   -   Metabolic Research Center - Take 13! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/138146-metabolic-research-center-take-13-a.html)

snflrgrl1962 03-31-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by namaste (Post 2125424)
Ok, I just logged in and you all have filled up 17 pages since Friday!

I haven't even started reading everyone's post(s) but Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend.

I weighed in on Friday, and was down 4lbs, and got to sign the 80lb board!!! WHOA!!!!

Ok, I'm going to attempt to read the posts. Wish me luck.

Congrats!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

ieduc8em 03-31-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomaze (Post 2126191)
I went to WI this morning and (drum roll please) FINALLY hit the 40 pound board! I've been hovering it for two weeks and went 1.6 past it today. What a wonderful feeling! I can see the 50, 60 and 70 pound boards in my sights!

Way to go bomaze. That is wonderful! Keep up the good work.:congrat:

snflrgrl1962 03-31-2008 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumbleBee (Post 2126288)
Talk about small world...my dad is in retail and we transfered around alot when I was little. We lived in Jesup in the late 1970's. I went to Orange Street Elementary school. Are you a teacher there?

Wow it is a small world!

Sadly Orange Street School no longer exists. :(:( It was torn down several years ago when the schools were reconfigured. There are apartments now on the land where the school was.

I teach at Bacon Elementary. It was probably the Jr. High School when you were here.

maxncandy 03-31-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueyedangel (Post 2126615)

Also, I traded in some HNS I didn't like for a packet of Double Chocolate Pudding and a packet of Chocolate Crispies. What do these replace?

Thanks!

Both replace a creamy HNS. The crispies you can only have 2 times a week. I love them when I am at a social that I can't get to hot water (for cocco). It gives me something to eat while still on program.

BikiniByJune 03-31-2008 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bomaze (Post 2126191)
3MM: I can't believe how quickly you went from being fearful because of the short list of okay foods to being an MRC wonder chef! The stuffed peppers sound delish! Way to embrace the program!

Chopingirl: You are beautiful! Congrats on reaching goal! :cheer:

Namaste: Yeah on the 80 pound board! :carrot:

MsPhibes: I learned early on to just not weigh at home - it just became more depressing than not. I never could get my home scale calibrated to the centers and would set myself up to be bummed as I watched the fluctuations!

I went to WI this morning and (drum roll please) FINALLY hit the 40 pound board! I've been hovering it for two weeks and went 1.6 past it today. What a wonderful feeling! I can see the 50, 60 and 70 pound boards in my sights!

Yeah for you and the 40+ pounds. That must feel fantastic!!!!

Meemo 03-31-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeweliek (Post 2126271)
Meemo, this is a great idea. I will try it for a week and see what happens. I agree, I really wanted them to give me ideas on how to do both. What I got was "do this much exercise or lose weight."

It might actually speed up your weight loss to eat a little more - you won't be risking "starvation mode" that way.
If it doesn't work, you could maybe tweak it a little, like 5 oz of protein & split the difference on the veggies, etc as well. Hope it works for you so you can keep up the exercise that you love!

Meemo 03-31-2008 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueyedangel (Post 2126615)

I have a couple of questions... WI today...still the same. (Bet you coulda guessed that, huh. :^:) Was told to take the Liquid Minerals 2x a day to get me over this plateau. Is that really gonna help? Taking more vitamins/minerals? :?:

Also, I traded in some HNS I didn't like for a packet of Double Chocolate Pudding and a packet of Chocolate Crispies. What do these replace?

Thanks!

I dunno if it will help or not. If you aren't maxed out on exercise already, you might try upping that a bit.
Both of those are HNS creamies - and you're only supposed to have the crispies twice a week.

3monkeysmomma 03-31-2008 11:21 PM

What's on your Ipod?

I think about this board alot through out the day, especially when I cook something new or learn something new I can't wait to share it (I'm easily amused and easily excitable I know) Tonight when I was exercising and listening to my Ipod I thought it would be fun to know what is on everyone else's Ipod/MP3. So here are the songs I exercise to:

Beautiful-Christina A.
Dirty-Christina
Fighter- Christina
Freakshow- B. Spears
Hips don't lie- Shakira
I drove all night- Cindy Lauper
Bobby Mcgee-Janis Joplin
Piece of me- B. Spears
Rock Star- Nickleback
The voice within -Christina (possibly one of the most beautiful songs ever)
Buckcherry- Sorry & Crazy
Who knew?- Pink
Wake up call -Maroon 5

I listen to them in a certain order on my Ipod, one fast one slower (not in order as listed above) because I go at fast and slow in intervals.

So will anyone else share whats on their Ipod?:D

HumbleBee 03-31-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 (Post 2126663)
Wow it is a small world!

Sadly Orange Street School no longer exists. :(:( It was torn down several years ago when the schools were reconfigured. There are apartments now on the land where the school was.

I teach at Bacon Elementary. It was probably the Jr. High School when you were here.

I barely remember the Jr. High, but I remember the high school because it had a yellowjacket on it and we lived in some apartments not far from it. I think it was Sunset Apts. and there was a church next to them.

My dad used to work for K-Mart and he was one of the assistant manager's who helped open the store. Back then many of the people were against it because they were afraid the mom and pop stores wouldn't be able to survive with the competition. I think I still have an article about it and there's a picture of my dad's pickup truck in front of the store before it opened. Ah, memories....

Gma to 4 04-01-2008 12:56 AM

I'm amazed at the knowledge there is on this board...and impressed with everyone's successes! I've learned more in the 4 days I've been lurking here than the 17 days since I joined. Thanks to all of you for being so open and willing to share. The recipes sound great.

Today was WI and I was down 1#, so this was my official day 10 and am making progress with a 6# total loss. As several of you suggested, I asked a lot of questions and did get some tips, so am feeling less discouraged with this program and will hang in there.

When do you stop going 2 x week for WIs?

MrsPhibes 04-01-2008 08:05 AM

I just had my one month anniversary and still go 2 x a week for my wi's. The only time I went once per week (I was away skiing) I only lost a 1/2 a pound. My center is located within 3 miles of my home so I am pretty fortunate that it is so convenient. I think the 2 x a week wi's are good because it keeps you on track and can become more familliar with the process. Ask to be measured and Tanitaed on your one month anniversary... that really shows you how far you have come.

losingweightnow 04-01-2008 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gma to 4 (Post 2126904)
I'm amazed at the knowledge there is on this board...and impressed with everyone's successes! I've learned more in the 4 days I've been lurking here than the 17 days since I joined. Thanks to all of you for being so open and willing to share. The recipes sound great.

Today was WI and I was down 1#, so this was my official day 10 and am making progress with a 6# total loss. As several of you suggested, I asked a lot of questions and did get some tips, so am feeling less discouraged with this program and will hang in there.

When do you stop going 2 x week for WIs?

You stop going 2xs a week when you are done... Then I think you go once a month for a year?? Not positive on that though...

Welcome!!:)

chopingirl 04-01-2008 08:51 AM

What's on your iPod

3monkeysmomma - Okay, here's a really abbreviated version of my iPod feel-good, get-my-butt-to-exercising music: (note - I frequently just start dancing - that's still exercise, right?):D

Ridin' the Storm Out - REO Speedwagon
Ain't That Peculiar - Marvin Gaye
I Love Music, and Backstabbers - The O'Jays
Save the Country - The 5th Dimension
Fantasy - Earth, Wind & Fire
Neal's Fandango, and Clear as the Driven Snow - the Doobie Brothers
Mas Tequila - Sammy Hagar
It's Getting Better - Mama Cass
Crystal Ball - Styx
Light My Fire - Jose Feliciano
Into the Night - Santana
Love Me or Let Me Be Lonely - Friends of Distinction
I'll stop there....

So, does my choice of music date me?:D

(wait until you see meemo's choice of music. She has the most diverse group of music I've ever seen - which I believe is the sign of a really well-rounded person.) (Well, maybe well-rounded isn't a good term for a weight-loss forum!:D)

crested1 04-01-2008 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockijames (Post 2126522)
I'll remember what you look like for next time! :)

WOW..13 years old! Mine are 5 and 1 and I can't believe my older girl is starting Kindergarten. I'm totally not looking forward to the teenage years. Good luck, I'll need lots of advice I'm sure!

Glad you're doing well, but sorry about the blahs! :) I (obviously) know exactly how you feel. Will you WI again Thursday? If so, I'll look for you!

Rocki...yes, I will probably WI again on Thursday...that seems to work out the best for me. I'll look for you then too!

It seems like time flies by so quickly with kids. My son turned 9 in December...it's crazy to me, when I think about it. I started at my office when he was a few months old...hard to believe!!! All in all, they are great kids, especially despite a very long/nasty divorce. Hopefully, it stays that way!

redgirl 04-01-2008 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumbleBee (Post 2126353)
I really like the meal replacements and use them for work all the time. And when my sweet tooth attacks I'll have them for a meal, even if I've already had my 3 for the week. Doesn't make the counselors happy, but one told me she would rather me do that than go completely off program. So far I'm averaging 3.4 lbs lost per week. But as others have stated, you have to see how it affects your body since everyone is different.

My favs are:
bars: choc. mint and carmel nut
wafers: chocolate, strawberry and vanilla (in that order)
shakes: haven't tried yet

Peanut butter bars were good, but too dry to me (I wanted a glass of milk with it...sigh) Bought the otmeal cinnamon raisin last week - they're okay. Kind of melt in your mouth, which I didn't expect. Then there are the cereal type bars. The chocolate crisp wasn't bad - didn't like the carmel too much. To me, the cereal bars were not as filling. The choc mint, carmel nut are smaller but more dense and seem to keep my hunger under control longer.

Hope this helps and keep up the great work!

Thanks! Yes...do you drink a clear when you eat a bar? Or do you eat anything at lunch with it?