Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-10-2024, 12:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 378/331/116

Height: 5'4"

Default 128 Days Without Chocolate

I started this challenge on 05/06 and PURE COINCIDENCE it will last for 128 days. 128 is a significant number for me because it is the number of pounds I gained when on a medication that causes severe weight gain. I was already obese when I started the meds at 250 lbs. I am abstaining from chocolate to better keep my daily calorie intake at 1200.

So far I have managed to do without chocolate Today I had some low cal alternatives delivered like sugar free jello (5 cals per serving), animal crackers (60 cal for 8 crackers), strawberry wafers (80 cal for 2 wafers) and last but not least strawberry cheesecake yogurt (80 cal). I actually don't like yogurt but I used to like it as a child--not sure what happened there but I haven't tasted it for many years, so I am willing to try it again.
Xerai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 02:34 PM   #2  

Still staying strong. Animal crackers were not a good idea for me--I love them too much. The strawberry cheesecake yogurt tasted more like strawberries and aspartame, but it was manageable. I also bought sugar free maple flavored syrup and it was really good. The only issue is it makes the waffles soft and slimy so I think I will toast them until they are hard next time.
Old 05-12-2024, 12:46 PM   #3  

I'm thinking about bringing my son in on this with me He likes stroopwafels, but those are 170 cals each. He used to like yogurt so I am going to try him again with that since I have some here. It will be fun to find some healthy snack replacements. Yesterday we made our own pizzas and he didn't eat the pita so that was 190 calories!! The pita was 210 by itself. We used turkey pepperoni. I suceeded with having no chocolate again yesterday. I wasn't feeling well and somehow ice cream helps me to feel better, I had 1 1/4 c butter pecan ice cream which came out to 225 cals--much better than being on meds and eating an extra 3k cals/d.
Old 05-12-2024, 08:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/197/135

Height: 5'1"

It's good to hear you're doing great. The alternatives you're using are a good strategy. Those 128 days will come and go and chocolate will be long in the rearview.
letsgetaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 09:56 PM   #5  

Hello letsgetaway! Thank you. You are right, I am already feeling like it is normal to not have it
Old 05-13-2024, 11:54 PM   #6  

Did well again today. My mom is still sneaking snacks to my son so i will not do this with him.
Old 05-15-2024, 05:04 PM   #7  

I was a little tempted today but made it through. Ordered some tiramisu flavored Greek yogurt from Wal-Mart.
Old 05-22-2024, 09:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 232/207/150

Height: 5.8

Try eating non-fat plain Greek yogurt which is high in protein, low carb, no added sugar and very filling. Very bland to eat plain so I add in sugar free powdered Jello mix (the cheesecake one is yummy) or sugar free jams or jellies.
Be sure to read the labels when buying yogurt as a lot of them have considerable added sugars which add unnecessary calories and trigger sweet cravings. I wish you well in your goal for being chocolate free. I had a problem with chocolate too but what I've done is I buy 100% cacao bars which honestly taste incredibly strong and bland but have no sweeteners added. I break off a tiny piece when I want chocolate and can mentally check off in my mind that I've had the chocolate. I get the health benefits of dark chocolate without the added sugars and butters. It seems to work for me and my cravings have almost completely disappeared without all the frustration and self-criticism that occurs when I abuse myself with a poor diet.
I wish you only the best and hope this helps. Have a great today!!!
ZWants2BHealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 02:51 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZWants2BHealthy View Post
Try eating non-fat plain Greek yogurt which is high in protein, low carb, no added sugar and very filling. Very bland to eat plain so I add in sugar free powdered Jello mix (the cheesecake one is yummy) or sugar free jams or jellies.
Be sure to read the labels when buying yogurt as a lot of them have considerable added sugars which add unnecessary calories and trigger sweet cravings. I wish you well in your goal for being chocolate free. I had a problem with chocolate too but what I've done is I buy 100% cacao bars which honestly taste incredibly strong and bland but have no sweeteners added. I break off a tiny piece when I want chocolate and can mentally check off in my mind that I've had the chocolate. I get the health benefits of dark chocolate without the added sugars and butters. It seems to work for me and my cravings have almost completely disappeared without all the frustration and self-criticism that occurs when I abuse myself with a poor diet.
I wish you only the best and hope this helps. Have a great today!!!
great recommendations! thanks. I have tried Skinny Girl strawberry rose jam--really good.