Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2024, 08:50 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 177/177/145

Height: 5'2

Quick wave everyone. My dad was sprung from the rehab early; strangely enough I still haven't received the discharge papers to sign. he does have his meds list so that's the most important thing I guess. One of his helpers was able to spend the night to ease him in which is great, but hopefully that will not continue to be needed. I'll go see him in a few weeks and see what's going on in person. today is a long day with an event at night so must run. Wave to all!
Old 05-09-2024, 10:26 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 173/185/ 165

Height: 5'6

Good Morning, Coaches.

Yesterday I followed through with a promise to myself to drink more water and do a yoga video on my prep time. Then I scrounged like rampaging tiger to eat ALL day and food I don't even want like Fritos? What? I hate Fritos. As gardernerjoy reminds me, the food that is neatly available isn't even tasty. I then proceeded to eat multiple servings of the pasta I made for the boys!Sigh.How can I feel so incredibly successful in so many areas like teaching, mothering, wife-ing and contiue to seemingly progress nowhere with the scale? Two steps up. Two steps back.

Gratitude list:

My clothes still fi.t
No aches or pains
School day is all planned
DS is home.
I have gardening I can do this afternoon.

I have dressed becomingly, packed a salad, committed to LARK and setting up my scale.
Old 05-09-2024, 11:46 AM   #48  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Today is Day 30 of my 90-day challenges.

I have written 22,500 words. I'm hoping for a higher average daily word count at some point, but if I don't get it, this will do.

The scale reading is 0.3 kgs below what it was on April 10. I have seen a scale reading in the last week that was 1.4 kgs (3 pounds) lower than when I started, so this seems to be a temporary stress glitch. The daily habits that are assisting with weight loss are a weigh-in, a check-in, and a grade of the previous day's adherence to my Ideal Food Day plan. Also, I suspect that daily yoga is helping, too. I'm going to see if a routine designed for relaxation today might help the scale move back down.

My other challenge is to clean or clear something every day. I have been to H&M at the mall twice and have one more bag of worn-out clothes ready. They claim to have a responsible system that reuses even clothes that have been worn to rags. In exchange for a bag of worn-out clothes, I get a coupon for 15% off my next purchase. I have never shopped there and probably won't, but I'm happy to give them my old clothes. This weekend, I'll take a couple of bags of clothes in better condition to Goodwill.

Exercise: 65, 485/1800 minutes for May
100% of Ideal Food Day
Old 05-09-2024, 03:06 PM   #49  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Default Thursday

It’s been a rough few days travelling up country, with different unpredicted family dramas. It’s lovely to be here at the northern house where Maytime is in full swing in slightly strobing green, blue and white. It’s very still and the scent is hanging on the air. The birds are singing and singing.

And I can talk myself down and recover. And also catch up with eating. Travel and family dramas tend to rattle my eating pattern so I’m welcoming the opportunity to get back in the groove. The house is fine, the garden is just tipping over from that full and beautiful point into needing a bit of attention. I gave myself the day off today and I’ll start on it tomorrow. I can pace myself as I’m here until at least Tuesday as I’ve got a dental appointment on Monday.
Old 05-09-2024, 11:55 PM   #50  
persist

S/C/G: 322/310/299

Default wow how did that happen

Hi Coaches

Sorry to be MIA yesterday. First day back to teaching jitters. I needed more time than I expected to gather everything for my class of 4. I got it done then wondered if I could manage moving everything from the car to the room and then at the end of the night do it in reverse. I managed ok (just talking functional fitness here) but when I got home I was achy everywhere. In the class and during setup I felt no paIn, but once home it seemed every muscle was worked.

I woke up to a very sore left knee and left ankle and sore muscles connecting to both. And exhausted! wow. Between worrying that I would somehow "really injure" my ankle and just feeling so low in energy, I marvel at the difference of my energy levels pre cancer treatment and now during it. I bet its more that I simply haven't had to do this stuff for a few months. I chose to think the sore muscles are just muscles complaining that they have to get stronger. It's simply required.

Other than this my 4 students are delightful! And quite surprising already. Everyone enjoyed class 1: b/w relief printmaking using a foam plate and a "softoleum" lino plate. At least my brain is still in good shape! I am grateful for that.

Food has been not OP for 2 days, but Im back to it tomorrow. My deviances are mostly about timing and quantities. Choice of food comes in third. That's real progress in itself for me. Credit.

Old 05-10-2024, 04:45 AM   #51  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Friday-Golden Spike completes Transcontinental Railroad (1869, Promontory Summit, UT)

Diet Coaches/Buddies – For those who've been waiting to hear the result, Quaker sent me $4 off coupons for the boxes of Quaker Oatmeal Squares cereal that they had requested that I discard due to fear of salmonella back in December, 2023. I still haven't seen their Oatmeal Squares back on the shelf at the supermarket; hope that the arrival of the coupons means that they're shipping. Was struck, again, by the size of Giant Foods; the coupons are good for any Quaker, Rice-A-Roni, or Near East product. Quaker has been owned by PepsiCo, Inc. since 2001.

Watched the 1994 movie The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert in my class. I remember seeing it long ago and loving the outrageous costumes, the Australian Outback, and the hilarious brouhaha. All that was still there. In addition I had to note that the two drag queens and transgender woman were real people with complex lives instead of pigeon-holed characters. It's fun that the bus used in the film, Priscilla, was just found. The die hards will have it restored to its full glory.

Eating was on plan, CREDIT moi, with additional snacks. My excuse is that my head has been hit with all the things that go wrong in the head. Test of COVID-19 was negative. I'm doing antihistamines and Sudafed while being miserable. Allergies aren't my usual thing but our local allergy scores are off the wall driven by tree pollen. Hope this is transient.

onebyone - Just the best news that you have four delightful and surprising students that you get to watch creating new stuff. You used your muscles; they earning the right to be a tad tired.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - So good to be reminded that discarded clothes can be used even if just for the rag value. There are some new local laws that prohibit clothes from going in the trash. Congrats for adding another 5500 words to your novel.

Silverbirch - Wish you well with family dramas. Hope you use your North house for a little bit of calm. Maybe check if the lambs are still gamboling. (GIF stolen from a member.)

maryann – Agree that the food that's readily available isn't particularly tasty. Certainly not healthy. Thanks, again, for reminding me that I have a list worthy of gratitude.

curlyjax - Congrats to your dad for escaping rehab. Did you get the mattress delivered to your DS?

Readers -
Quote:
Chapter 1 The Key to Success

How Cognitive Therapy Works

For example, have you ever strayed from a diet for any of the following reasons: . . .
  • You felt upset and thought that eating would make you feel better.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), Pg 21.
Old 05-10-2024, 07:26 AM   #52  

Long day but fun at work. We had an event to thank volunteers which ran into the early evening. I had a reasonable amount of food but then overindulged in some free candy, and when I was home I was actually a little hungry and went overboard there as well. Ugh.I know the only way to lose weight is to really plan food, eat slow, be aware of what you're doing etc so back to the drawing board.
Today I'm leaving early to go to a conference that's about an hour away. They're serving breakfast-hopefully it will be bagels and not just pastries. I'm really not hungry now and don't want to eat. I'll bring some crackers just in case its all sweet stuff.
Bill-yes, mattress was successfully delivered. It took myself and BFF to put it in the car, but DS moved it by himself, mr. muscles.
Maryann-I hear you in feeling successful in other ways than this!
Old 05-10-2024, 11:41 AM   #53  
Green Tomatoes

I didn't have everything I needed to make my 100% Ideal Food Day happen, yesterday -- so that's a priority for today.

Exercise: 65, 550/1800 minutes for May
90% of Ideal Food Day

BillBlueEyes: Hope you're feeling better soon. We canceled a Dear Brother Hot Tub therapy session this morning because he has a cold. Something's going around this spring.

onebyone: Your first class and your students sound great!

silverbirch: I'm glad you're safely arrived and settled into the north house. I hope your gardening day is going well.

curlyjax: A long day of celebrating volunteers sounds like fun and a lot of willpower required. People do seem to like to feed their volunteers -- a benefit that I'm less and less appreciative of since it's challenging to navigate those events.

Waving to maryann and anyone else who stops by!
Old 05-10-2024, 03:36 PM   #54  
in development

Default Friday

I clearly haven't settled down yet as food hasn't been great. The weather is lovely and I've done a bit in the garden and moved some things to the car for the next trip southwards. Mostly though I'm taking things slowly and that includes planning and making food. Tomorrow I'll get out the exercise mat. In fact, I'll do it now and then it'll be ready for me.

Waving to you all.
Old 05-10-2024, 05:44 PM   #55  

Good Afternoon, Coaches.

It was a busy day at school so I missed my morning check in. My teacher's aide turned 21 . I brought in cupcakes and a gift along with bringing food for the students store. Than a teacher's appreciation morning buffet. Lots of kidtime and now I am home with a shrink zoom at 3:45. So happy it is the weekend. I showed a new movie on a nuclear holocaust - And the Wind Blows. Fabulous animation I don't know if the kids got the irony.

Food was OP and I finally set up my bluetooth Lark Scale. The shocking news is my old scale was light. I am now 185. It is what it is. I ate well today avoiding sweets. I did yoga at lunch. i will walk in the cool evening. I changed my ticker.

Credit for putting on my hiking toghts when I came home as a step to insure I walk this evening.

Last edited by maryann; 05-10-2024 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-10-2024, 09:35 PM   #56  
persist

S/C/G: 322/310/299

Default a bit on edge

Coaches:

Just a short hello as I get ready to go to bed early. I'm a little worried I may have caught another cold. I have a bit of a tickly throat. I'm coughing a lot. Truthfully, the coughing fits are back. No fever. No sniffles. I'll see what tomorrow brings but extra rest can't hurt.

Speaking of tomorrow it's our local horticultural organization's annual plant sale. I hope to be there when the doors open at 9am--another fine reason to go to bed early.

Goodnight

Food: meh. off plan supper. disordered eating earlier in the day. Just an off day all round. Scale rose by another lb. 3lbs.in 3 days. It will fall again.

Old 05-11-2024, 05:39 AM   #57  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Saturday-Constantinople (Byzantium) becomes capital of Eastern Roman Empire (330)

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Eating was on plan, CREDIT moi, but included evening snacks. My original plan included three snacks a day - as advised by Dr. Beck. My activities aren't enough to burn the calories of my notion of proper snacks. It made sense to cut out the snacks. Suspect that I've got to increase the activity level. Also need to remember that snacking won't fix my head which remains full of whatever causes sneezing and blowing.

Life has become entwined with DW's need to give away the plants that she had gathered for her garden club meeting that was cancelled. Tomato seedlings are highly desired, for example, but need to be put in the ground right NOW. She's the neighborhood Johnny Apple Seed trying to get them to active gardeners. Have to rush this morning to get dressed in time for a morning drive to DD's house who has happily accepted some.

FWIW: "While both canceled and cancelled are acceptable for the past tense of cancel, the version with one L is more common in American English, while the version with two L's is more common in British English." Merriam-Webster

onebyone - Buying plants helps to cure a cold. There! You've read it on the Internet so it's bound to be true.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - 90% of Ideal Food Day is still worthy of Kudos. Sorry that you missed your DBHTT Session.

Silverbirch - Good news that the weather is cooperating for your brief visit to the North House so you can tidy your garden.

maryann – Your movie, When the Wind Blows, is going on my watch list. What fun to be in your class.

curlyjax - Fun to be reminded that your Mr. Muscles can easily remove a mattress that required two of you to put in the car. The great thing is to remember that we no longer have those muscles. I agree, a bagel is less likely to lead to overeating than pastry.

Readers -
Quote:
Chapter 1 The Key to Success

How Cognitive Therapy Works

For example, have you ever strayed from a diet for any of the following reasons: . . .
  • You were too tempted by the sight of food when shopping at the supermarket.
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), Pg 21.
Old 05-11-2024, 09:21 AM   #58  

I went to my conference which was about providing programs to talk about the end of life, what you want your wishes to be etc. It was short and led by a very energetic person which was a good thing as its a hard topic. The offered breakfast was yogurt, fruit and granola plus little granola bars, but I was still a bit peckish and wanted something for the ride home. I walked around the small village afterwards hoping to find a bagel shop and settled on a cheese croissant. I had too much coffee overall which made me feel slightly ill, or something else did, for part of the day afterwards. The rest of the day was a nap, helping DD get enough food for her long overnight shift, and the dishes that really piled up. I was feeling mad at myself for being so lazy overall and finally forced myself to put away laundry and tidy up my room a bit. I need to stop beating myself up about what I haven't done, like sticking to a food plan, and focus on what I have done and on future me. And tell myself I CAN lose weight. Time to hunt down some motivating podcasts.
Wave to all!
Old 05-11-2024, 10:18 AM   #59  

Happy Saturday!

Today is a day I wish I received credit for all the things I didn't eat at school yesterday: doughnuts, cupcakes, cookies. All of these were actually handed to me. The scale disagrees. I also did yoga at lunch and a 3 mile evening walk. So an ideal day with not even a quaking on the scale. Oh Well. It is how I want to live my life andfor today i will let go of the results.

Today more of the same. Gardening, then gym It starts to heat up at 10:00 so I will start gardening at 9:30 and give myself these 2 hours to fool around. Chess, puttering, posting.

Curly: yes you CAN lose weight.
onebyone: enjoy the new plants.
BBE: Enjoy distributing the new plants.
Old 05-11-2024, 03:26 PM   #60  
Green Tomatoes

I'm in the midst of the Saturday when everything happens out of order. That usually turns out fine but I'm really craving the snack that I ate earlier. Sigh. So, I'm here to declare that the next thing that I eat will be salad!

Exercise: 85, 635/1800 minutes for May
100% of Ideal Food Day
Closed Thread